The WiFly Shield equips your Launchpad with the ability to connect to 802.11b/g wireless networks. The design uses the Launchpad's UART hardware to interface to Roving Network's RN171XV ultra-low power embedded TCP/IP module. An external antenna can be attached via a standard RP-SMA connector.
Compatibility: MSP430 Launchpad, Stellaris Launchpad
Size: 2.00" x 1.35"
Availability: Coming Soon!
The RN171XV is a standalone, complete TCP/IP wireless networking module. Due to its small form factor and extremely low power consumption, it is perfect for mobile wireless applications such as asset monitoring, sensors, and portable battery operated devices.
The module is pre-loaded with firmware to simplify integration and minimize development time of your application.
- Ultra low power: 4µA sleep, 35mA active RX, 180mA TX (at +12dBm)
- Onboard TCP/IP stack includes DHCP, UDP, DNS, ARP, ICMP, HTTP client, FTP client and TCP
- Output transmit power: 0dBm to 12dBm
- Hardware interfaces: 3.3V UART
- Host data rate: 9600 baud default (module supports up to 464Kbps)
- Supports Adhoc and infrastructure networking
- Real-time clock for time-stamping, auto-sleep, and auto-wakeup modes
- RP-SMA connector
- RN171XV Data Sheet
- RN171XV User Manual